It took knitting on and off a month to finish but I am really happy with the end result. I made this as a lap blanket for my mother. I used a wool/acrylic blend so it could be washable. I did alter the center start so it would resemble a flower rather than the star the original intended.
The pattern can be found here: Hemlock Ring Pattern
If you are familiar with following charts and lace then this is a great pattern. For blocking I keep scrap Styrofoam around which I then duct tape together. Easy to store and dismantle when finished and cost me pennies. For the blocking pins I used couple rolls of nail gun strips and wooden skewers.
Blocking is a great tool for knitters