I totally ripped off Martha Stewarts recipe for this one. Martha donated a lot of recipes to my Thanksgiving this year. As I was cooking at my mother’s and driving in late evening, I knew I wouldn’t have time to play around too much in the kitchen. Of course it’s rare I’ll just follow a recipe so you can compare her’s and mine.
- 2 14oz bags of cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup Cognac
- 2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 tsp allspice ground
- 1/4 tsp clove ground
- 1/2 tsp cardamom ground
- 1 tsp ginger ground
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red-pepper flakes
- Cinnamon stick, (1/2-inch piece)
- In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring often, until syrupy, 20-25 minutes. transfer mixture to a bowl, let cool, and refrigerate until needed.